Sunday, June 22, 2008

A day round the pool at Zen Retreat in the Hollywood Hills.


The view over the Hollywood hills from the pool of my fancy Hollywood hills pad.

My studio from the pool deck.

Well today I awoke at 1pm. My cellphone ( I am in America after all) kept ringing. My relatives. For someone with no family I seem to get a lot of phone calls from people I  vaguely remember from childhood. Upon waking up I cancel my last colonic appointment with Rysia. For details you'll have to email me.
Then I wondered upstairs to the pool where I joined Sunny and Oceania Blueskies for some rest
and relaxation LA style.

The afternoon was great French Champagne ( it's so cheap here), Sushi and cheese and olive tapenade. While we were enjoying the sun a pesky LAPD helicopter began to circle. This was particularly annoying when you are trying to look especially elegant drinking your french champagne and yelling at someone sitting 12 inches away.

As it turns out it was just another day in Hollywood with a gun man holding his girlfriend and baby at gun point while S.W.A.T.  attempt to use their fancy toys to blow him to pieces.

It was at this point that 3 hot boys arrived from Iceland. Ok they were Bi and badly dressed. Ok only one of them was hot.
But I'm on vacation after all and it is fun to add Icelandic people into the mix. They believe in elves, you know. And according to those three, there is absolutely nothing to do there but eat a hot dog from a place rated 10th in the world..?
The day was moving ahead swimmingly. When an angry German or Austrian or Swiss woman appeared and started telling us that she has booked the pool area for a goddess ritual to bring in the solstice. She then informed us that we were welcome to stay if we respected their religion and were very quiet. 
Ummmm. 
I guess no one told the "healer" about respecting her neighbors and not polluting the space with her mantras for overweight woman who do not know how to cum.

So I decided to go check out Seun Kuti and Egypt 80.
This is my new best friend Leo. 

No comments: